1. Norfolk Holiday Homes Ltd (the 'Agents') act only as booking Agents for the 'Owners' (the 'Owners') of the holiday accommodation. The contract is therefore between the Owner and the Tenant (the ‘Hirer’).
2. All applications for the reservations of the holiday accommodation must be made on the form provided in the brochure or on-line and accompanied by a non-refundable deposit. A booking fee of £25 must also be paid with the deposit. In certain exceptions, some bookings will be referred to the Owners before acceptance. A binding contract between the Hirer and the Owner shall be entered into upon the Agent issuing the confirmation acknowledgement. The balance of the hiring charge is payable forty five (45) days before the commencement of the holiday. Bookings received within this time period before prospective holiday dates must be paid for in full. Receipt and banking of monies does not constitute a confirmed booking. All payments made shall be made to the Agent’s address on the booking form, by telephone or via the web site's on-line booking system. Signing the booking form or making a booking on-line certifies that the applicant is over 18 years of age and confirms that the property will be used in accordance with holiday purposes. Credit/debit card payments made by telephone also constitute agreement to abide by the Booking Conditions.
3. If any application for holiday accommodation cannot be confirmed within 14 days of receipt, the Hirer will be notified as soon as possible. If another property is not acceptable then all monies will be returned in full. A telephone reservation without payment does not constitute a definite booking.
4. If the Agents cannot arrange the holiday accommodation they shall use their best endeavours to arrange alternative accommodation from their portfolio. If the alternative accommodation is not acceptable to the Hirer, the Agents shall refund all monies in full and neither the Owner nor the Agent shall be liable for any other losses or expenses howsoever caused.
5. The Hirer will allow the Owner, his representative, the Agent or workman into the property at any reasonable time to make repairs, replace items, or make inspection and if the Hirer cannot be contacted in the case of emergency, the Hirer agrees to allow access in order for problems to be rectified immediately.
6. The Hirer shall occupy the holiday accommodation and have the use of the furniture and effects therein as a licensee for a holiday for himself, his family and personal guests as detailed in the booking form for the period booked commencing at 3.00pm on the day of arrival until 10.00am on the day of departure unless alternative arrangements have been made and confirmed by the Agents. THE HIRER MUST ENSURE THAT THE PROPERTY IS VACATED AND THE KEYS RETURNED TO THE AGENTS OR THE OWNERS REPRESENTATIVE AS OUTLINED IN THE AGENTS FINAL LETTER, NO LATER THAN 10.00AM ON THE DAY OF THE TERMINATION OF THE HOLIDAY. If the holiday accommodation is not vacated and the keys returned in accordance with these conditions, the Owner or his representative shall have the right to enter the premises, remove the Hirer’ S belongings and prepare the accommodation for the next Hirer. If a ‘safe key’ which has been forwarded to the Hirer for access arrangements has not been returned to the Agent’s office, then the Hirer will be liable for replacement keys at a cost of £10.00 each.
7. The Agents cannot be responsible for any matter outside their control, i.e.; damage, injury, delays, or loss, in connection with the holiday arising directly or indirectly from mechanical or electrical breakdown, inclement weather, flood, fire, temporary invasion of pests or other Acts of God, war, farming or building activities, acts of local or central government, for nuisance caused on neighbouring properties, nor for the Owner withdrawing the property.
8. The Owner is responsible for ensuring that the property is available to the Hirer for the duration of the holiday, i.e.; ensuring that it is in a fit, reasonable, and acceptable state for the occupation but the Owner is not responsible for any defect of which they or their Agent was not aware. Any equipment/appliance used in the property is entirely at the Hirer’s own risk. Barbeques are to be cleaned down ready by Hirer’s and gardens clear of cigarette ends and dog excrement for the next Hirer’s use or a charge of £20 will be made and deducted from the breakage deposit without further reference. The Owner and Agent accept no liability or responsibility for injury where the Hirer has not taken due care and attention both in gardens, grounds and property. The Hirer is responsible for the control of children, pets and all persons in their party in order to protect them from injury.
9. The Hirer shall occupy the booked accommodation and use it subject to the terms and conditions as outlined herein and within the property as outlined by the Owners.
10. Where there is a telephone in the property the Hirer is responsible for all telephone calls made during their stay, leaving a reasonable and honest amount in the honesty box left by the owners. Where there is an excess amount of calls by hirers, the Owners reserve the right to charge accordingly the amount which will be deducted by invoice after your holiday
11. CANCELLATIONS; If the Hirer wishes to alter dates or transfer to another property within seven working days of making the booking there will be an cancellation fee of £50. If after the seven days the Hirer wishes to make alterations - changing to alternative dates or property then the booking will be treated as a cancellation with the fee added to the booking. The Hirer must inform the Agent immediately by phone and then in writing of any cancellation for whatever reason. The deposit is non-refundable and the balance is still payable as outlined below according to how much notice is given by the Hirer;
No of days before holiday start date; costs
Over 56 days 25% of the balance
29 – 56 50% of the balance
15 – 28 75% of the balance
14 days and less Total balance
12. All the information and statements contained in the brochure and on-line are made in good faith and the Agents use their best endeavours to check as far as possible all the information given to Hirers. The Agents shall not however, in any event be liable for any damage or loss resulting from any information or statements made whether orally or in writing. The information contained in the brochure and on-line is believed to be accurate at the time of going to press. However, the Agents reserve the right to make alterations thereto and shall endeavour to inform the Hirer of such.
13. The booking is the Hirer’s responsibility which includes ensuring the property is in good order upon vacation; all financial payments; listing names of the adults and names and ages of all persons under 18 year of age on the booking form: taking out Cancellation Insurance and informing the Agent of the Insurer and Policy Number if protection is not made via our web site. Claims for insurance are to be made directly with the Insurers, not the Agents. The Agents will however provide proof of cancellation to the insurers upon request as appropriate.
14. The brochure states the maximum number of persons each property accommodates. These numbers must not be exceeded. If this condition is not complied with, the Agents may immediately upon discovering such breach, terminate the Hirer’s licence to use the accommodation and the Hirer shall immediately vacate the holiday accommodation and all monies paid by the Hirer shall be forfeited to the Agents. The Hirer shall further be liable to pay the Agents on demand all costs and expenses arising from the failure by the Hirer to comply with this condition, including damages.
15. The Hirer shall keep the accommodation and all the furniture, fittings, and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and shall leave the accommodation in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Any defects or wants of repair must be reported to the Agents or as per the instructions outlined inside the property. The Hirer shall be responsible for all damage relating to the furniture, fittings and effects of the property and the Owners will make claims for repair/replacement thereof.
16. Where loss or damage arises from breach of contract, negligence, and misrepresentation or otherwise, neither the Agents or its employees or Owners will be under any liability to the Hirer or to third parties for any loss or damage howsoever arising subject to any statutory entitlement to the contrary.
17. If the Owner is prevented from making the property available as per the booking due to unforeseen circumstances beyond his/her control, i.e.; death, illness, theft, fire, flood, squatters, financial difficulties or other damage to the property, the Agents will make every effort to find alternative property from their portfolio but if this is not possible any refund will be made immediately without further claims being made by the Hirer or their representative against the Owners or their Agents.
18. Notice is hereby given by the Agents or Agents duly authorised by the owner to apply for possession of the holiday accommodation under Ground 3 or Part 1 of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988 at any time after determination of any licence to occupy the holiday accommodation.
19. IT IS A CONDITION OF BOOKING THAT ALL PROPERTIES HAVE A RETURNABLE BREAKAGE DEPOSIT ADDED TO THEIR BALANCE. AMOUNTS OUTLINED IN BROCHURE. DURING HUNSTANTON TENNIS TOURNAMENT WEEK, A REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IN THE SUM OF £200 IS PAYABLE WITH THE BALANCE OF RENTAL ON ALL BOOKINGS. This payment will be refunded 4 days after a holiday all being well. If cleaner/owner reports a problem, guests will be informed and charged accordingly. Please note that the refund will automatically be made on to the card which paid the balance. If this card will be out of date after your stay, then please inform us.
20. For any reservation made at short notice within two days of the prospective holiday dates, payment must be made in cash at the Agent’s office. A cheque will not be accepted. Debit/Credit cards are acceptable.
21. If a balance is not paid within five working days of its due date, then for every day overdue, £10.00 will be added to the balance for admin costs. If a payment has not been made after seven days then the holiday will be re-offered and the holiday cancelled with all monies retained. The tenant will be notified of the action to be taken.
22. Any items left behind at a property will incur at least a £5.00 charge for being collected, plus postage expenses. Payment must be made in advance before we pack and return any items. If the Hirer does not report missing belongings, then they will remain in our store for 3 months before being passed over to a Charity Shop or to the local tip.
23. The refuse collections in this area vary and can be very problematic both to residents and holiday units. The Agent and the Owners kindly ask that all rules and instructions regarding waste disposal and recycling are adhered to very strictly especially on Public Bank Holidays. Most properties have a breakage deposit and if rubbish is not disposed of correctly, then the breakage deposit will be forfeited to the Owners or Agents as they will have to sift Hirer’s rubbish at the disposal/recycling tip personally. Please follow all refuse instructions which you will find in each property.
24. Should the Hirer experience any problems during their stay, they must be reported to the Owner/Caretaker/this office as soon as possible and we will use our best endeavours to rectify matters. We regret that any correspondence relating to complaints, received after the termination of the holiday cannot be entertained.
25. It is a condition of booking and we strongly recommend that you have your rental payments protected by insurance. Please refer to details in ‘How to Book’ in our booking form or complete details easily on the on-line booking form.
26. Please understand that although internet is advertised as available at certain properties, or you have paid for access there may be times when connection/availability is unavailable caused by circumstances beyond the Agent or the Owners’ control. Neither the Agent nor Owner can be held responsible and no compensation will be issued. Please be aware that the internet is provided to guests on the understanding that it is used for general browsing/retrieving emails, etc and any excessive usage for streaming films and games, etc, will be payable to the Owner. Most Owners will keeping control over such usage and will therefore report back to the Agent. Internet users must understand that as the service is provided by an Internet Service Provider (ISP), they accept the Terms and Conditions of that ISP.
27. The Hirer and their booking party must be aware that in most locations they are situated in an area where there are other people, holiday makers or residential. Therefore please be considerate and ensure that there is no excess noise between the hours of 10pm and 8am and if children are playing ball games they are to be careful of the close vicinity and safety of others in the surrounding area.
28. Please note that all properties have been inspected and graded by a fully qualified and trained professional from Quality In Tourism.
29. The Hirer is responsible for the safety of all children and adults within their party. Safety gates, electric sockets, table corners and cupboards are not normally covered and protected so parents/carers are responsible for ensuring that children are aware and taught any dangers. Safety all extends to the garden and surrounding area of the property. Small children must be supervised at all times and parents/carers to be aware of plants/shrubs/trees in gardens that they may pick/eat. The Owner and Agent will not accept any liability for any accidents/ negligence which may occur.
30. Upon completing a booking on line, over the telephone or completing and posting the booking form the Hirer accepts these Booking Conditions.
NB Guest information and data will not be shared, passed on or sold to third parties. All payment/bank data is destroyed and cannot be accessed through our booking system.
RESERVATIONS - CONFIRMED AND PROVISIONAL
Applications for reservations can be made by telephone or email using our secure booking system and in accordance with the Agency Conditions which should be read carefully. Please check availability by emailing or phoning. However, we can make a provisional reservation by telephone if you are able to offer payment card details. This will then be held for five working days after which time we would expect a prospective tenant to confirm or cancel. If nothing is forthcoming the card and booking details will automatically be destroyed and the booking dates released.
These are usually Saturdays unless otherwise stated in the description, after 3.00pm until the following Saturday at l0.00am. Short breaks, weekend and Christmas/New Year breaks - times can be flexible - please ask when booking as the system may not permit you to continue.
BOOKING IN EARLY
If the hirer wishes to commence tenancy from 1pm on the day of their arrival, then an additional cost of £10 is required as an early admittance/admin fee. The cleaner/owner will have had to ensure that the property is ready prior to the early arrival. Once arrangements have been confirmed to the hirer that this is possible, the payment is not refundable if the hirer is late arriving. NB: this may not be possible at peak times.
A booking fee of £25.00 is payable at the same time as the deposit. This covers administration costs. Upon receipt of your booking, we will confirm in writing within 14 days and an account will be sent to you, requesting payment within 45 days of your holiday. You will receive no more correspondence from us until we receive the balance of payment from you. Until we receive this final payment, hirer's will not be given the key collection arrangements and therefore not permitted into a property. When receipt of your balance is acknowledged, we inform you where to obtain the keys to the property for the day of your arrival, plus map and directions. If you are instructed to contact the key holder, please do so at least a week before your arrival. In the event of a delay, it would be appreciated if the key holder could be contacted direct if you anticipate arriving after 6.00pm.
Credit/debit card details can be given on-line or by phone. When balance payments are made, the breakage deposit will be included. If paying balance by cheque, please enclose a separate cheque for the breakage deposit together with a stamped addressed envelope if you wish to have this returned, otherwise it will be shredded. A refund will be made on to tenant's credit/debit card on the Tuesday following their vacation date, which will take 4-5 days to appear on a bank statement.
Any balance of payment that is overdue after 5 working days will have an administration charge of £10 per day added.
SPECIAL BOOKING ARRANGEMENTS
Hirer's booking within 45 days of their prospective holiday dates, must pay the full amount of the holiday together with the booking fee, any electricity/gas/oil/central heating/pet payments. If they are so late in booking that they arrive on the day of the prospective holiday (the booking having been made provisionally by telephone, say the day before), we insist that full payment is made by cash or Credit/Debit Card. Upon receipt of this, Hirers will be issued with the key collection arrangements. Bookings made by telephone will be reserved for 7 working days only. If no payment is received then the booking is automatically withdrawn, without further reference to the prospective Hirer. (Too many people promise to send payment, but never do).
RENTAL FIGURES, BOOKING FORM AND PART WEEK/BREAKS
The weekly rental figures are outlined in each description. These breaks are usually available out of school holidays and sometimes subject to availability and the Owners consent.
HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE
It is a condition of booking that each guest must have their booking payment protected and you can do this on the booking form by ticking the relevant box. This will all be arranged within the booking. Even with an existing medical condition the booking may be covered.
If you wish to use a private insurer or have your holiday cancellation insurance, please let us have these details so we are assured that you are covered in the unforeseen event of cancellation.
LINEN & TOWELS AND COTS
Some properties do not supply bed linen and/or towels which are detailed in the property particulars. If the Hirer require this service please inform us on the booking form. COT LINEN/PILLOWS/COVERS ARE NOT PROVIDED. We find that mums prefer their own.
There is an extra charge of £30.00 per pet per week on the properties where they are permitted. Please state on the booking form. Please remember to clear up in the garden after your dog has fouled, plus remove any evidence of animal hair, etc from the property. If extra cleaning is required due to excess 'dog residue' in garden and/or house, then we reserve the right to charge for cleaning.
These are available for all properties on request however, each property description outlines the rooms therein.
Should the Hirer experience any problems during their stay, it would be appreciated if they could be reported to the Owner/Caretaker/Agent as soon as possible and we will use our best endeavours to rectify matters. We regret that any correspondence relating to complaints, received after the termination of the holiday cannot be entertained.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES;
Doctor Hunstanton area: tel. 01485 532859
POLICE: Hunstanton - tel. 01485 532666 ( not 24/7)
Kings Lynn 01553 691211
POLICE/FIRE/AMBULANCE: telephone 999.
medical-emergency that are not life or death please ring 101 for professional medical advice
VET: Hunstanton area: tel. 01485 570065 01485 535950
There should be an emergency list in each property, stating the Owners name, address and telephone number together with the cleaners/caretakers details. Contact these people first (this should only apply at weekends when the office is closed). Please note that most service engineers cannot come out to attend problems at very short notice due to their job schedules. We do use a few firms who offer a 24 hour service if problems are extremely serious.
REFUSE DISPOSAL DETAILS - these are very important in order to prevent uneccesary problems each week
All properties should have detailed instructions inside, outlining information regarding rubbish disposal. Please adhere to these. Hirer's staying in properties that have a returnable Breakage Deposit on them will lose this if they do not fulfil the instructions each week, as the bins will then have to be taken to the local recycling/ waste disposal area and sorted by hand. We are sure that you would not wish anyone to sort through your personal rubbish. Therefore, we and the Owners kindly ask that all recycling is dealt with as you would at home or as per the instructions and the disposable waste is bagged up inside the black wheelie bins. We are sorry to have to outline what should be easy enough tasks, but due to Hirers not reading instructions we feel that we must re-iterate this information in as many areas as we can: in the holiday home itself, our booking conditions, our correspondence to Hirer and with the keys if they are collected form this office. Sadly, we feel that we have to make this clear to the Hirer from the outset of their holiday. Rubbish is part of our lives at home and does not go away when we are on holiday, so your kind assistance in this matter is much appreciated please.
Mr & Mrs W 1-8.9.2018 Lovely location - very quiet. Wonderful views, especially the sunsets! Our dog, Bruno loved going straight out on to the beach!Sunset Beach Retreat in Heacham